Dear friends, faithful followers, drop-ins and countrymen and women of various countries,
I have been honored with several awards which I have ungraciously put in my
back pocket favorites file until now.
How some of you work full time, organize families, exercise and run a household as well as blog is beyond me. I guess you don’t sleep.
Anyway, I have finally answered questions, perused my followers file and put these awards in an orderly queue.
If I have missed you out – huge appa-logies!
Many thanks to all of you who have felt that I am worthy. I appreciate enormously your visits, likes and comments. Awards are icing.
Thank you to Lil Miss Poutine for nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Pop over and see her site of photography, food, cycling, movies, music, technology, TV, travel and . . . . . bowling? A varied and fascinating blog!
Here’s what she made me say about myself:
1. Favorite color?
Blue – especially aquamarine, ultramarine and space cadet. I don’t really like space cadet but I’ll bet you didn’t know it was a color!
2. Favorite animal?
Alligator. I feel a special bond with them after spending time in Florida.
3. Favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Oh come on. We all know I need to say wine. Champagne when available, but any color is acceptable.
4. Facebook or Twitter?
Neither really. Oh my.
5. Favorite pattern?
Here’s an interesting one. The Golden Ratio Spiral as found throughout nature.
6. Do you prefer getting or giving presents?
I know what I’m meant to say, so I’m skipping this one.
7. Favorite number?
The year of my birth.
Oh, did you want to know that is?
8. Favorite day of the week?
It doesn’t matter. Every day is the weekend.
9. Favorite flower?
Daffodils – the precursors of spring! Not too many of them in the desert right now. Except at Safeway.
10. Favorite passion?
You don’t really think I’m going to put that out there do you?
Thank you Janet at Seize the Day RV Adventure – for honoring me with this award! “Seize the Day” is a great principle to adopt. Visit Janet and Kevin on their blog of travel, RVing, birding, Jeeping (I made up that word!), eating and more.
The Liebster Blog Award is described as; “ An award to spread blog love and draw attention to blogs with fewer followers”. Many thanks, Janet!
. Favorite author?
I could not possibly name just one. I have a list and here are a few: Peter Mayle, Bill Bryson, Sebastian Faulks, John Steinbeck, Diane Ackerman, Joanne Harris, Clare Francis, Lauren Belfer, Sue Grafton. Look them up! Enjoy!
2. Why did you start blogging?
I had already written dozens of stories. I just wanted to put them “out there.” I hope when you read them you don’t think I’m “out there.”
3. What’s your favorite TV Show?
Doc Martin, about an unusual country doctor practicing in my favorite English county – Cornwall.
4. What is your favorite season of the year?
A prefect English summer -whenever that might happen.
5. If you have some spare time, what do you do?
Read or write! That’s predictable isn’t it?
6. What is your favorite type of music?
Not much of a music doyen, but I don’t like jazz and rap.
7. What do you do to keep fit?
Yoga, swimming and walking from one room to another and back again because I forget why I’m there.
8. Tea or Coffee?
If I really have to choose – tea. But I’ll have a cup of coffee when you’re not looking.
9.What is your favorite kind of animal? Dog? Cat? Fish? Deer? etc
Cat. But maybe dog if it’s a Labrador.
10. Favorite place you have traveled?
UNFAIR! Absolutely cannot answer this. Somewhere (or everywhere) in America or Europe.
Which Way Now 101 has been nominated for the “Wonderful Team Readership Award” by Coach Muller. I highly recommend that you visit his site, Good Time Stories to read his inspiring and heartwarming stories.
Thanks Coach for including me on your team!
for this post: http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/2013/12/08/a-tornado-here/
I’ve been nominated for a Sunshine Award! I’ve never thought of myself as someone’s little ray of sunshine. Himself thinks it’s hilarious. Don’t think him unkind. You don’t have to live with me.
My nominator, Joanne took the trouble to research the award so rather than reinvent the wheel I will pass on her words to you. “It is an award given by bloggers to other bloggers who “positively and creatively inspire others in the blogoshere.” (Questionable punctuation is mine.)
Gosh. Thanks Joanne for the nomination. You are my little ray of sunshine with your wonderful blog http://mylifelivedfull.wordpress.com/
I’ve tried to think of 10 vaguely interesting things to say about myself – horribly difficult.
I’ve read these types of lists on other blogs and admired the author’s imagination, ability for introspection, self-knowledge and sense of humor. I panicked and blanked at the very thought of it but here goes:
- I was The Alien in England for 30 years but I feel like an alien in my own country now. I’m told things move on. Get over it.
- I am the only person I know who likes cottage cheese. Isn’t that riveting?
- I love words but fear my vocabulary is shrinking.
- I’m sure I lived in France in a previous life.
- I miss family and friends in my adopted country of England. And my garden. But the garden thing obviously isn’t on a par with family and friends.
- I never take myself seriously.
- I cooked on a charter yacht in the West Indies for two years. Walter Cronkite chartered that yacht. I can still hear his voice as he read to us each night.
- I am easily moved to tears. Too easily. It’s annoying.
- I can’t think of a single favorite food. I love everything I eat. I deserve to be fat(ter). As it is I always have that elusive 10 pounds to lose.
- I am fascinated by the lives of my blogging friends around the world, most of whom I’ve never met.
And speaking of sunshine, here is a favorite sunshine photo: